|Danger Falling Sheep|
|Series 05, Episode 01|
|Air Date||English: 4th April 2005|
|Previous||Disaster For Dinner|
|Next||The Big Freeze|
Danger Falling Sheep is the first episode of Series 5.
Norman wants to find fame by conquering the summit of Pontypandy Mountain but his ascent is stalled when Woolly the lamb lands on his head.
Trapped on a ledge, Norman and Woolly nibble biscuits whilst their friends raise the alarm. Sam tries to rescue Norman with Jupiter's extending ladder, but it cannot reach far enough. Meanwhile Norman is getting his fifteen minutes of fame whilst he is being air-lifted to safety by Tom Thomas the Mountain Rescue Heli-pilot, as a reporter is filming the whole rescue for the 6 o'clock news on television.
- Fireman Sam
- Elvis Cridlington
- Station Officer Steele
- Penny Morris
- Tom Thomas
- Sarah and James
- Dilys Price
- Norman Price
- Mandy Flood
- Bella Lasagne
- Photographer (cameo)
- This episode marks the first appearances of Woolly, Mandy, Tom and his helicopter, Wallaby 1.
- This episode marks the start of Series 5.
- Some shots from this episode are used in this season's opening titles.
- This is the first episode to feature fire helmets with safety visors.
- This is the first time Tom gets to respond in Wallaby 1 in the series.
- Sam should know better than to assume that every single emergency would involve Norman Price.
- How could Sam and Elvis know that Norman was the one stuck with Woolly on the Mountain before they had even arrived at the rescue seen, seeing James was higher up the mountain too with Sarah and Mandy?
- What's being quiet got to do with being rescued?
- Nothing was said about Mandy, Sarah and James being going up the mountain unsupervised as well.
- While Sam is talking to Tom on his walkie-talkie, his mouth is slightly out of sync with his voice.
- Jupiter's two-tone horns are really quiet