|This article is about Sam, the main character of the series. You may be looking for the "Series"|
|“||"Great Fires of London!"||”|
— his main catchphrase
|Place of work||Pontypandy Fire Station|
|Family|| Charlie Jones (brother)|
Bronwyn Jones (sister-in-law)
Sarah and James (niece and nephew)
Gareth Griffiths (father-in-law)
Fireman Samuel "Sam" Peyton Jones is the main character in the series. He works at the Pontypandy Fire Station.
- Hair: Dark red/Auburn.
- Eyes: Sky blue
- Friends: Everyone in Pontypandy
- Crew: Elvis, Penny, Ellie, Arnold and Jerry Lee
- Boss: Station Officer Steele
- Superior Officer: Chief Fire Officer Boyce
- Quote: Just another day in Pontypandy (Heroes of the Storm)
- Advanced Driving Certificate
- Trained Lifeguard
- Certified Scuba Diver
- Winter Training (HQ)
- Medal of Outstanding Bravery
- Bravery Award
- 5 More Unnamed Medals
After completing his firefighter training at the Cardiff Fire Academy, Sam returned to Pontypandy and moved into a house at 3 Vale Road and joined the Pontypandy Fire Service, where he is the lead firefighter and regular driver of Jupiter the fire engine.
In his spare time, Sam likes being an inventor in his back garden shed. In Sam's Day Off he made a popcorn machine which unfortunately ended up trapping him in his shed.
There have been a few times where Sam has needed help from the fire service himself. For example in Deep Trouble for Sam, when he falls down a hole caused by a landslide at Penny Morris new cottage garden.
During The Great Fire of Pontypandy when Chief Fire Officer Boyce gave Sam a medal, he was offered a Station Officer postion for the Rapid Response Team in Newtown. However by the end he declined the promotion, as he knew that Pontypandy needed him more and he refused to leave the town.
Sam is a competent and brave firefighter, who helps keep the people of Pontypandy safe. He considers his job to be 'the best job in the world', and often helps out in emergencies even on his days off. However, he does have an inventive streak which sometimes gets him in trouble when one of his inventions goes haywire: since Series 6, he has stopped inventing, though he can be creative from time to time, such as fashioning a barbeque out of an oil drum in Sausages vs. Shrimps.
Fireman Sam is brave, modest and dependable. He selflessly puts his life on the line to help others and everyone in Pontypandy knows that nothing is too much trouble for Fireman Sam. He is renowned for keeping a cool head in a hot spot. It's only when he's really surprised he exclaims, "Great Fires of London!"
- John Alderton (Seasons 1 - 4)
- John Sparkes (Season 5)
- Steven Kynman (UK; Season 6 onwards)
- Andrew Hodwitz (US; Amazon prime)
Episodes Sam drove Venus
- Dinosaur Hunt
- Elvis in Concert
- Up, Up And Away
- The Treasure Trap
- On Thin Ice
- Sam's Birthday
- Pizza Pandemonium
- Fox On The Run
- The Break-Up
- Float Your Boat
- The Treasure Of Pontypandy Pete
- Big Top Norman
- Alien Alert
Episodes Sam drove Bessie
- Sky Lanterns
- Wheel of Fire
- On Thin Ice
- Treehouse Trouble
- Rocky Rescue
- Dashing Through The Snow
- Heroes of the Storm
Episodes Sam drove Hydrus
Episodes Sam drove Neptune
- Poorly Penny
- The New Hero Next Door
- The One That Got Away
- Floating Kart
- Disastrous Dilys
- Charlie's Big Catch
- Turtle Hunt
Episodes Sam drove the Mountain Rescue 4x4
Episodes Sam drove Titan
- All At Sea (mentioned by Sam when he said to Mike that they would go out on Titan to the fireworks).
Episodes Sam drove The Mobile Command Unit
- Pontypandy In The Park (reversing only)
- In 2009, Sam appeared with Penny, Elvis and Station Officer Steele in Peter Kay's Animated All Star Band music video on "Children in Need". Although the models from Series 5 were reused for this video mainly made up of stop-motion television characters, the characters retained their voices from the recently established CGI series.
- He has driven all of the emergency land vehicles at Pontypandy Fire station (he drove Phoenix in a still).
- He is the only character to have appeared in every episode.
- He is the main driver of Jupiter, Mercury, Bessie, Hydrus and Juno.