The pride of the Pontypandy Fire Service, Jupiter is always on hand to attend all manner of disasters. Expertly driven by Sam and the crew, Jupiter is a welcome sight to anyone in trouble. Always clean and shiny, Jupiter's bright red paintwork and flashing blue lights are a clear sight that help is on the way.
Episodes Elvis drove Jupiter
- Sam's Day Off
- What Goes Up
- Steele Under Par
- Blow Me Down
- Poorly Penny
- Pontypandy Pioneers
- The Great Fire of Pontypandy
- Lighthouse Lock Out
- To Outfox a Fox
- The Return of Norman-Man
- Heroes of the Storm
- The Break Up
- Alien Alert
Episodes Penny drove Jupiter
- Deep Trouble for Sam
- Ice Cold in Pontypandy (Reversing only)
- The Return of Norman-Man
- Cadet Catastrophe
Episodes Ellie drove Jupiter
Episodes Station Officer Steele drove Jupiter
Episodes Chief Fire Officer Boyce drove Jupiter
- Jupiter was based on a Bedford TK fire engine and could seat five people.
- The Fire Engine contained various random equipment:
- a hose-reel in the first (occasionally other equipment such as a gas detector).
- a CO2 extinguisher, leggings & boots, a shovel, roll of hose and stirrup pump in the middle
- in the third, they contained an axe on the one side and a rope and a tire repair kit on the opposite
- the pump bay contained a hose-reel switch, pressure level, two main jet outlets, two rolls of lay-flat hose and a valveless branchpipe
- there were 2 ladders; a roof ladder (used in Home From Rome) and a standard 9M ladder
- the left side lockers were only used in Snow Business and Flat Tyre.
- Jupiter's call sign was "Jupiter 999".
- Jupiter is now loosely based on a Volvo FL6 and can seat three people.
- Since the 2003 series, the lockers in Jupiter now contain various items:
- on the right, the hoses, the main pump bay and the extinguishers.
- on the left, the hoses, the jaws of life, another pump bay, and a bucket of sand.
- at the rear is the elevating ladder controls and a short extension ladder.
- In the original series, it had a traditional wail/yelp siren (which most brigades started using from the mid 90’s and still use today), but from Series 5 onwards, it was replaced with old two tone horns.
- Jupiter has two blue rotating beacons, and two flashing lights above the grille
- In Series 6 Jupiter's cab had a facelift which incorporates; new headlamps, a yellow strip and 2 strobe lights either side of the grille.
- Apart from Sam; Elvis, Penny, Chief Fire Officer Boyce, Ellie and Station Officer Steele have also driven Jupiter to emergencies on many occasions. Steele has also driven it in some of the story books from 1990's.
- Jupiter used to have a number plate registration J 999, until it was removed from 2003 on-wards along with the other vehicles in the series for unknown reasons.
- Between Series 1-4, Jupiter had four wheels. Since Season 5, it has had six wheels.
- In Series 5 and Paper Plane Down, the striping at the rear was in an upside down V style. Since afterwards, its been reversed to a V shape
- In Series 10 Jupiter has four noticeable upgrades: the new fire service logos painted on, a new strobe light pattern, the same touch screen system as the Map-screen 700 fixed into the cab and a new interior.
- Since Series 10, Station Officer Steele gets to drive Jupiter.
- In Series 10, the logos on the cab are phosphorescent (can glow in darkness).
- Arnold and Jerry Lee are the only ones so far who have yet to drive Jupiter.
- In Series 11, The blue lights were replaced with faster rotating beacons and flashing LEDs besides the grille & the rear.
- In Series 11, The lockers have more detail.
- Jupiter's elevating ladder has a water cannon for putting out fires from above, it was only used in A Real Live Wire, Pizza Palaver & Magic Norman
- Jupiter's short extension ladder is only used in Firefighter of Tomorrow & Model Plane
- Jupiter is parked in the second bay of the New Fire Station.
- In some episodes, such as Danger Falling Sheep and The New Hero Next Door, the water cannon on Jupiter’s platform is missing.
- In some shots in Series 6-7, some paint apps and Jupiter's logos are missing and some locker doors are wide open.