The pride of the Pontypandy Fire Service, Jupiter is always on hand to attend all manner of disasters. Expertly driven by Sam and the crew, Jupiter is a welcome sight to anyone in trouble. Always clean and shiny, Jupiter's bright red paintwork and flashing blue lights are a clear sight that help is on the way.
Episodes Elvis drove Jupiter
- Sam's Day Off
- What Goes Up
- Steele Under Par
- Blow Me Down
- Poorly Penny
- Pontypandy Pioneers
- The Great Fire of Pontypandy
- Lighthouse Lock Out
- To Outfox a Fox
- The Return of Norman-Man
- Heroes of the Storm
- The Break Up
- Alien Alert
Episodes Penny drove Jupiter
Episodes Ellie drove Jupiter
Episodes Station Officer Steele drove Jupiter
Episodes Chief Fire Officer Boyce drove Jupiter
- Jupiter was based on a Bedford TK fire engine.
- The Fire Engine contained various random equipment:
- a hose-reel in the first (occasionally other equipment such as a gas detector).
- a CO2 extinguisher, leggings & boots, a shovel, roll of hose and stirrup pump in the middle
- in the third, they contained an axe on the one side and a rope and a tire repair kit on the opposite
- the pump bay contained a hose-reel switch, pressure level, two main jet outlets, two rolls of lay-flat hose and a valveless branchpipe
- there were 2 ladders; a roof ladder (used in Home From Rome) and a standard 9M ladder
- the left side lockers were only used in Snow Business and Flat Tyre.
- Jupiter's call sign was "Jupiter 999".
- Jupiter is now loosely based on a Volvo FL6.
- Since the 2003 series, the lockers in Jupiter now contain various items:
- on the right, the hoses, the main pump bay and the extinguishers
- on the left, the hoses, the jaws of life, another pump bay, and a bucket of sand
- at the rear is the elevating ladder controls and a short extension ladder
- In the original series, it had a traditional wail/yelp siren (which most brigades started using from the mid 90’s and still use today), but from Series 5 onwards, it was replaced with old two tone horns.
- Jupiter has two blue rotating beacons, and two flashing lights above the grille
- In Series 6 Jupiters cab had a facelift which incorporates; new headlamps, a yellow strip and 2 strobe lights either side of the grille
- Apart from Sam; Elvis, Penny Chief Fire Officer Boyce have also driven Jupiter to emergencies on many occasions. Steele has also driven it in some of the story books from 1990's.
- Jupiter used to have a number plate registration J 999, until it was removed from 2003 on-wards along with the other vehicles in the series for unknown reasons.
- Between Seasons 1 and 4, Jupiter had four wheels. Since Season 5, it has had six.
- In season 5 & Paper Plane Down the striping at the rear was in an upside down V style, since afterwards, its been reversed to a V shape
- In Series 10 Jupiter has 4 noticeable upgrades: the new fire service logos painted on, a new strobe light pattern, the same touch screen system as the Map-screen 700 fixed into the cab and a new interior
- Since Series 10 Station Officer Steele gets to drive Jupiter.
- In Series 10The logos on the cab are phosphorescent (can glow in darkness).
- Arnold and Jerry Lee are the only ones so far who have yet to drive Jupiter.
- Jupiter's elevating ladder has a water cannon for putting out fires from above, it was only used in A Real Live Wire, Pizza Palaver & Magic Norman
- Jupiters Short extension ladder is only used in Firefighter of Tomorrow & Model Plane
- Jupiter is parked in the second bay of the New Fire Station.
- In some episodes, such as; Danger Falling Sheep & The New Hero Next Door the water cannon on Jupiter’s platform is missing.
- in some shots in Series 6-7 Some Paint apps & jupiters logos are missing and some locker doors are wide open.