The pride of the Pontypandy Fire Service, Jupiter is always on hand to attend all manner of disasters. Expertly driven by Sam and the crew, Jupiter is a welcome sight to anyone in trouble. Always clean and shiny, Jupiter's bright red paintwork and flashing blue lights are a clear sight that help is on the way.
Episodes Elvis drove Jupiter
- Sam's Day Off
- What Goes Up
- Steele Under Par
- Blow Me Down
- Poorly Penny
- Pontypandy Pioneers
- The Great Fire of Pontypandy
- Lighthouse Lock Out
- To Outfox a Fox
- The Return of Norman-Man
- Heroes of the Storm
- The Break Up
- Alien Alert
Episodes Penny drove Jupiter
Episodes Ellie drove Jupiter
Episodes Station Officer Steele drove Jupiter
Episodes Chief Fire Officer Boyce drove Jupiter
- Jupiter was based on a Bedford TK fire engine.
- the lockers contained various random equipment:
- a hose-reel in the first (occasionally other equipment such as a gas detector).
- a CO2 extinguisher in the second and various chimney kits.
- in the third, they contained an axe on the one side and a rope and a tire repair kit on the opposite
- the pump bay contained a hose-reel switch, two main jet outlets, two rolls of lay-flat hose and a nozzle.
- the left side lockers were only used in Snow Business and Flat Tyre.
- Jupiter's call sign was "Jupiter 999".
- Jupiter is now loosely based on a Volvo FL6.
- Since the 2003 series, the lockers in Jupiter now contain various items:
- on the right, the hoses, the main pump bay and the extinguishers
- on the left, the hoses, the jaws of life, another pump bay, and a bucket of sand
- at the rear is the elevating ladder controls and a short extension ladder
- In the original series, it had a more traditional wail/yelp siren. This was changed to a hi-lo type in the fifth series, and became electronic in the sixth series.
- Jupiter has two blue rotating beacons and two flashing lights on either side of the grille.
- Apart from Sam; Elvis, Penny Chief Fire Officer Boyce have also driven Jupiter to emergencies on many occasions. Steele has also driven it in some of the story books from 1990's.
- Jupiter used to have a number plate registration J 999, until it was removed from 2003 on-wards along with the other vehicles in the series for unknown reasons.
- Between Seasons 1 and 4, Jupiter had four wheels. Since Season 5, it has had six.
- In season 6, Jupiter's front was modified and the striping at the rear was reversed.
- Jupiter's elevating ladder has a water cannon for putting out fires from above.
- Jupiter has three noticeable upgrades: the new fire service logos painted on, new flashing blue lights at the front and the same touch screen system as the Map-screen 700 fixed into the cab.
- Station Officer Steele finally gets to drive Jupiter.
- The logos on the cab are phosphorescent (can glow in darkness).
- Arnold and Jerry Lee are the only ones who have yet to drive Jupiter.
- Jupiter is parked in the second bay of the New Fire Station.