Pontypandy Fire Station, is a large Full-Time fire station based in the Small coastal village of Pontypandy. Originally, it was a small station which housed Jupiter, but after some time it was gradually extended to also house Venus as well.
In Heroes of the Storm, the fire station was completely rebuilt with a new and modern outlook. The new fire station now has four vehicle bays and can hold up to 5 rescue vehicles.
- Main Room: This room contains; a worktop with a gas cooker (with steam extractor), a fridge, a table with 6 chairs, a fire exit, a sliding pole, door to the balcony, a water dispenser, blue checkered carpets and wooden flooring and the heritage emergency bell.
- TV Area: This area contains; a sofa, an armchair, a television, a desk with a computer, a bookshelf and a sliding pole.
- Control Room: The control room/office has a desk with a chair, a computer, a phone and a lamp. There is also a control area with a headset, microphone, a touchscreen data system, a vehicle selection screen, the Map-screen 700, certificates and trophies, and the famous red button for the heritage Bell and Alert alarm.
- Garage: This is where Jupiter, Venus, Mercury, Hydrus and Phoenix are parked between missions. There are also lockers which one contains 2 rolls of training hoses, nozzles, jaws of life and a stair chair and the others containing the firefighters' personal belongings. In between these lockers, there is a bench to change into the animal rescue uniforms and there is also a helmet shelf with the firefighting turnout gear underneath, various safety and instruction posters and the alert alarm.
- Training Tower: The training tower is used for the firefighters to practice certain emergencies which they might come across.
- Smoke training room: The smoke training room is a small dark room connected to the training tower for the firefighters to do their BA training.
- Backyard: The backyard is where the firefighters do their training and is where the 4 main outlets for hose training are located, off which 3 contain water and 1 containing sticky foam.
- Balcony: The balcony is where the fire station flag is raised every day.
- Briefing room: The briefing room is where the firefighters are briefed of training or certain situations.
- Chief Fire Officer Boyce (Formerly and Various visits since The Great Fire of Pontypandy)
- Station Officer Steele (Senior Officer in charge)
- Fireman Sam (Lead Firefighter)
- Elvis Cridlington
- Penny Morris (Full Time Since Series 5)
- Arnold McKinley (Since Heroes of the Storm)
- Ellie Phillips (Since Heroes of the Storm)
- Jerry Lee Cridlington (Fills in for absences)
- Auxiliary Fireman Trevor Evans (Original Series only)
Fire Station's Dog
The vehicles at the Fire Station include:
- Jupiter (Aerial Ladder Combined Fire Engine) - Driven by Fireman Sam and occasionally Elvis Cridlington, Penny Morris, Ellie Phillips, Station Officer Steele or Chief Fire Officer Boyce
- Venus (Rescue Tender) - Driven by Penny Morris and occasionally the rest of the crew
- Mercury (Quad Bike) - Driven by Fireman Sam, Station Officer Steele or Elvis Cridlington
- Hydrus (Offroad and Water Rescue Vehicle) - Driven by Fireman Sam
- Phoenix (Crane) - Driven by Ellie Phillips, Penny Morris, Arnold McKinley or Fireman Sam (sticker only)
- Mobile Command Unit (Used when the station was being rebuilt) - Driven by Fireman Sam or Station Officer Steele
- Bay 1: Venus
- Bay 2: Jupiter
- Bay 3: Phoenix
- Bay 4: Mercury and Hydrus
- From Series 10 onwards, the BA sets underneath the helmets are replaced with the firefighters turnout gear as they now have station wear.
- Outside the Control Room, there is a picture of the original fire station with Jupiter from 1987.
- In the control room they still have the picture of the crew from Series 5. Station Officer Steele comments in Heroes of the Storm "Couldn't have a new fire station without the old picture.."